Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My brain is fried...

Like an egg on the sidewalk in the summer. I'm pretty sure that can actually happen doen here. If not, think of Father of the Bride Part Two. It makes me happy because it's such a cute movie, plus it makes my sentence somewhat plausible.
I guess this is part of being a college student. I know I'd like to think that, but I feel like I can't handle all of this. I know deep down that I can because when I actually try, I'm a good student.
I think I'm just in a bit of a rutt. I'm worried about paying bills and crafting gifts and life is a little bit too hard sometimes. But I'm letting the littlest of things get to me and I've had a weeklong headache. I know, just more of being a college student.
Do any of us realize how often we use that excuse? It's a little pathetic when you think about it because everyone has their own stuff going on and they all figure out how to deal with it and how to make things work.
Except I haven't done laundry in two weeks. I have to read for three separate classes and I didn't study for my linguistics midterm. Life is leaving me in this confused state of misunderstanding. Is college actually hard, or is it a lot of teachers letting the book teach for them and using the class period to not really do anything at all?
That is why I want to be a teacher. I want to make my students think, I want to give them all of the knowledge that I can, I want to show them to beauty of knowledge. All of this really means I'm just being a bad tutor. I let my student read the material, help him when he has trouble, and explain the more difficult problems. I could be doing so much more, but for ten dollars an hour when it's all I have, what do you expect?
I know I expect better from myself. I know I expect him to do the best he can. I know I expect to make myself into the teacher I want to be and here's my chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment